Does anyone know a good diet or diet pills?

I really would like to loose some weight, I work out at the YMCA just about everyday but the weight just dont seem to come off as fast as I thought it would is there anyway to make the weight come off faster? I had two kids and weigh about 150 to 155 and used to weigh 115 pounds. I dont want to loose weight for anyone I just want to do it to make myself feel good about me. But when nothing is happening it makes me feel worse. I'm not saying I'm fat or anything I just want to loose this weight to better myself and feel good. But is 150 pounds fat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 150 for me would be healthy, it depends on your height.

Weight wont come off fast if you want it to be lasting and healthy, maybe you have been doing the same workout for too long and need to change it up a little. Are you combining cardio and strength training? Also take a look at the foods your eating, even if the box says low fat or 100 calories how much sodium is in it?, I found staying away from the processed boxed foods works best, there are some decent foods out there like pasta sauce that if you look hard enough you can find low sodium low calorie. I try to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and i stay away from iceburg lettuce and use spinach instead. Even a salad could be a diet killer if you are not careful.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I'm 5'4 150 pounds. I feel like I'm fat and thinking that other people think that Iam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Have you changed your eating? Weight loss and maitenance is 75-80% what you put in your mouth.

How hard are you exercising? A lot of people over estimate how hard they are working and underestimate how hard you have to work to burn a significant amount of calories. When you are first starting out with a fitness program you often don't really burn that many calories through your workouts. The reason for that is because your fitness level is not high enough to work as hard as you need to, to burn significant calories.

Fad diets and diet pills are not a good solution. You need to change the way you eat (a variety of healthy foods and appropriate portion sizes) and you need an exercise program that progresses as you get more fit.

If you are unsure how to eat, perhaps you could see a dietician. Maybe the YMCA has a personal trainer you can speak with about your exercise program.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Oh and to answer your other question, 150 lbs at 5'4 is outside of the healthy range for BMI (body mass index). At 140 lbs you would be back within your healthy range.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• green tea capsuals
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Stop looking for the fast way. People refuse to believe that diet and excersise is the only way to lose weight. It's simple really burn more calories than you eat. You need to determine how many calories you burn in a day and then limit you caloric intake to be less than that and voila, weight loss. Starving yourself doesn't work, fad diets don't work, and diet pills don't work, the weight will come right back. Healthy lifestyle, portion control and excersise. But no one listens to me because I'm skinny, so obviously don't know what I'm talking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• 3500 calories is equal to one pound. you can easily and safely lose 1-2 lbs per week (whats the rush anyway? you'll only look and feel better each week). eliminate any beverage that contains calories...so drink only water. if youre a soda drinker this can melt the pounds alone. watch your portions. eat meals according to how you plan to spend your energy....for example, i eat a light breakfast (oranges, bananas, home made fruit juice, etc because i am not doing much, i dont need much energy....but a few hours later i eat actual dinner beause i go to work at 2 and do 8 hours of walking and hard physical labor. i need energy. if im hungry at 4 i eat vanilla yogurt w/ granola. it powers me through till my lunch break at 8 when im happy to have a small salad. im satisfied till bedtime and just go to sleep. so cut out 500 calories per day for 7 days and you will lose one pound of body fat guaranteed.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 9:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I used Ali and it helped me break my addiction to fat and sugar. I used it for 4 weeks and then was able to continue to eat well without it. I lost 40 pounds in 6 months and have kept it off for 2 years!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• stop looking for a magic pill. and change your lifestyle. we went clean - for other reasons than weightloss - but I'm seeing HUGE weight loss just from the healthy food.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2010