17 year old was raped today....

just confided in me that this 16 year old boy forced her to go down on him. i verified all the facts and the story...

she doesnt want her mom to find out because she thinks her mom will hate her and think shes a slut and be angry because she lied about who she was with.

she was abused sexually by a family member when she was very young, told her mom, who didnt believe it.

her moms dying and has.... maybe a year to live and she doesnt wanna screw things up while she lives at home.

i think the police need to know regardless and i told her id talk to her mom...what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Call the police and talk to her Mom and make her fkn LISTEN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You need to convince her to tell her mom an file a police report right away. I am sure her mom would not be angry with her yeah she lied but that doesn't change that she was hurt, and she needs counseling and the police need to throw him in jail. Go with her to talk to her mom, and call the police right away. I mean now.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would convince her to talk with her mom..The similar situation happened with me and I was affraid. My family member took me to the police but I was to afraid to talk about it with them there bc I was afraid of judgement being passed on me by them...She needs to get justice...If not it will continue to eat at her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• NEED TO TELL THE MOM, THEN TELL THE POLICE. MOM WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ANY WAY SHE CAN BUT SHE MUST KNOW, THE POLICE NEED TO BE CALLED SO THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TO ANOTHER POOR GIRL WHO JUST WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH HIM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• yes, call the police. If he did this to you, he will do it to some other girl.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Please dont think about mom for a minute and think about this poor girl. She has to deal with this for the rest of her life with or without mom and needs to have an opportunity to get the help that is offered to girls that are in this situation. Number one she needs to know this was not her fault and this also helps give you a bunch of back-up to help talk some sense into her mom. I ve been through both situations, younger and older and thr guilt will ruin her life if she does not get the help she needs immediately not to mention te fact that this person who did this has the potential and probability to hurt others in the same way. IT WILL HAPPEN. God Bless and please tell her there are people who care for her and others who have been through the same and survived. She is a survivor already and she can help so many. Stay positive always!
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It's good that she was comfortable enough to talk to someone about it, so many young ladies and boys just don't say anything and hope that it goes away.
    She's already went to her Mom over similar thing and the Mom didn't believe her so it's likely she's not going to trust her Mom to believe her this time either and throw in the terminal illness and you've got a recipe for perfect disaster.
    I'd suggest to her that if she doesn't feel like she can go to her Mom, to go to the school councellor, anyone who can listen to her with unbiased ear. Predators sense people who've been hurt before and they prey on it. If she runs from this now, she'll be running for the rest of her life till she deals with the issues that have happened to her and I'd tell her that, and I'd also tell her she needs to be tested for STD's. You can get some diseases in the mouth too and some have no symptoms like HPV that leads to cancer (vaginal or oral)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• She must go to the police. She must stop him from doing this again. She must get professional help.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You should do nothing. She is 17. She is old enough to know what she want to do. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 6:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• How can someone force you to give oral????? I don't believe that is rape..She probley just regretted what she did later and then said he made her do it..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2010