anyone know if the ged test is hard? i think i might be over stressing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in

• hard is a relative term. I know people who thougt it was the hardest thing ever and I know people who said it was way too easy. in general i would say if you did well in school before dropping out then you will not have much problem but it you struggled before then you might want to take a ged test prep class
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 1:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• they say the ged is equivalent to having a 10th grade education. i dropped out after freshman year & passed it without any problems. if you're worried, pick up one of those preparation books at your local library and refresh your memory. from what i remember, the science & social studies (or was it history??) portion of the test was pretty much reading comprehension. it gave a short piece for you to read and the questions would be based on that passage. at least in california that's how it was. they will assign you a topic to write an essay about, and math shouldn't be too bad as long as you know basic algebra. there are harder math questions, but you can probably afford to make a few mistakes as long as you're great in other areas of algebra. know your basic grammar, punctuation, etc, and you'll do fine in english. good luck! =) and relax! i didn't prepare & i passed. i'm sure you can, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• For me it was pretty easy, I took it because i was short elective credits and my HS said I could take it to get credit for my electives and still recieved a regular HS diploma.

When I took it 4 of my friends also took it afterwards we compared what we had taken and we all had been given different levels in each subject. It was fairly easy I was surprised how easy it was honestly. I do know you can get books at the library to study for it if your really worried and want to review what may be on the test.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Taking a prep class (contact a local community college) will boost your confidence.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i studied the GED book and it seemed like it was gonna be so hard but it really was not too bad! The book is way harder than the test!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

Next question in
Zero tolerance Policy?

Next question overall (Entertainment)
Dishnetwork