New Pregnancy

I am 22 years old and last year I had two miscarriages. I just recently found out that I am pregnant again. Due Sept. 28, 2010. The RN that gave me my pregnancy test said that the line was faint but there was a line there. The RN said at 4 weeks and 5 days that the result was very typical. My husband and I both seen the line. My questions is should I wait a week or so and try a home pregnancy test to confirm the results or just set up my ob appointment and go from there? Could I just be worried because of the two previous miscarriages or could there be some valid concern?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are pregnant. I think false negatives are possible on tests, but not positives even if it is a faint line..it picks up on a hormone that only happens if you are pregnant, so CONGRATS! Good luck on your pregnancy!!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You are definitely pregnant. I would just set up an OB appt. There is nothing you could do to prevent it if you were to have another miscarriage. I had 3 before I had my son. I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck hun, I know how hard it is.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You can take another test if you want but honestly, there is no such thing as a false positive. Don't listen to people who say there are. The ONLY way to get a positive result is if you have hCG in your system and the ONLY way to have hCG in your system is to be pregnant. Now, there is such a thing as a chemical pregnancy where the egg attaches but doesn't implant, and that will cause a positive test result. But the chances of that happening are very slim! So I'm gonna go ahead and say congrats and good luck. I'll say a prayer for you!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 3:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Thank y'all so much I needed that to put my mind at ease. I'm just really nervous this time.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 3:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i done 5 home test 2 yr ago and all 5 were possitive so when i went to see my doctor he asked me to take a test their and it were negative so he took blood to confirm that way and i wasnt pregnant , so yes you can have false possitive test not just false negative test, i would see you doctor or if you want to no b4 hand get a test, hope u get the results u want xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 5:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It is actually no longer possible to get false positives I was told this by my OB. They have been made now to prevent that from happening, false negatives happen more often now because of how HPT's have been redone.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I can understand where you are coming from..although i have never had a miscarriage .. i know what its like to be uncertain. I tested last night and it came up positive...but i absolutely felt fine and thought surely if i was pregnant id be sick...but i retested this morning and there it was again POSITIVE..... i know they are expensive but we bought the clear blue digital..it was like 16 or 17 dollars from Walgreens but well worth it. I was going to opt out for the cheap walmart brand but my husband insisted we get the "best one we could". If you want to be absolutely certain you can get one of those they are pretty accurate too. If you want you can add me and we can talk...i'll be due in October so we are pretty close in due dates! Plus it'd be sooooo nice to have some one to talk to thats going through the same thing as i am!!! :)
    tanyaanthony

Answer by tanyaanthony at 9:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i would make a ob appointment and go from there i know what your going through i had 2 m/c one in 07 (twins) and one last year and then at the end of the year in Nov i found out and i was scared i was going to lose this baby and i still get scared were i call and ask my dr's office stupid Q's (one thing make sure you comfortable with your ob) and it can happen that you will have the baby (i wish you luck and i dont know if you beleive in god but ill pray for you and your family that this baby makes it) but im 15 weeks not and on the day i was late i got a no and 4 weeks 4 days i also had a faint line so i try and keep your head up and dont stress and take it easy dont over do your self and if you have people in your life that makes you stress try and not be around them to much till at lest 2 trim or later if you want to talk feel free to message me

have a good day
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2010