25month old having growing pains?

is it possible and how likely? my son wakes up crying like he hurts...i rub his legs a lot cause he puts them in my lap and he seems to love it and it relaxes him...

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah they get a lot of growing pains from 2 on, I would give him baby motrin before bed not tylenol but motrin because it will help with the swelling and the pain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My son has done the same thing, he has even said his legs and feet hurt. I rub them for him and it seems to make it better. I know they happen, I've even had a teacher tell me her brother had them alot. I wonder if it is more common in boys because my girls have never complained about them before. so just continue to rub his legs if it helps, I dont think there is much else you can do.
    lablaw1126

Answer by lablaw1126 at 4:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The Hylands teething tabs helped my daughter with growing pains (and still do, at 14).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You should have his iron checked. My son went undiagnosed for years. He would rock on all fours at night since he was 1 yr old. The dr's said that he was self-soothing. as he got older we asked him why he did it & he would say that his legs hurt. What he really has is restless leg syndrome brought on by low iron. He now takes an iron supplement every other night. No more rocking or legs hurting.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I think my son gets these too - I know that when he was about 20 months old he had 2 episodes where he freaked out in pain and was unconsolable flipping around and then a month later everyone made comments on how he must have grown over night cause he seemed a foot taller... me and my mom both went through bad growing pains so I assume he's going to also
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2010