Vent but question at the same time

I was going 2 buy my son a kitchen set next week and my brother said omg that is gay u should buy that those r only 4 girls what should I do I don't c anythin wrong wit it

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 5:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your brother is being a big jerk, all kids like dramatic play, and it is good to learn about the kitchen. It is most certainly is not 'gay' and he shouldn't say that and I wouldn't allow him to talk like that around my kid.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nothing is wrong with it. Your brother is just being  homophobic.

Answer by louise2 at 5:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• First, we are born with our sexual orientation.
    Second, think about famous chefs. How many are men? How many are women?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I'd say anytime I saw my brother in the kitchen getting a drink or something to eat, I'd have to tell him how gay he is. lol.

My son (3) loves playing in the little kitchens, my nephew did too. He's now 14 and I'm pretty sure he's not gay because he definately eyeballs girls, but not in a gross way.lol.

Buy the kitchen.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• eye rollingI always have to roll my eyes when I hear some guy talking about what not to do to keep a boy from turning gay.  Buy the kitchen, tell your brother he's an idiot & do what heatheryn suggested.

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Your brother is being an asshole. As the OP said, think of all the famous chefs that are men! My son had one(he's almost 11 now), My son wants to be a pastry chef like Duff or cake boss. He has mad skillz when it comes to baking!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with boys having kitchen toys and playing kitchen. My 11yr old and 3 yr old each had their own kitchen centers, they LOVE them!!! My boys would play with them for hours....If your son wants a kitchen center and kitchen toys, buy it for him and if your brother makes rude comments- tell him to shut up and stop being a jerk! Your brother must not realize that there are TONS of famous MALE CHEFS-- like Gordon Ramsay, Wolfgang Puck, Bobby Flay, Molto Mario, Duff the cake guy, Emeril, Guy Fieri, Tyler Florence,the Deen brothers, Robert Irvine.. (to name a few).

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Your brother is being an idiot. If you think your son will like the kitchen set then get it for him. There are a lot of famous male chefs. Just be prepared to have a little extra help in your kitchen while you are cooking.

There is no such thing as just girl or just boy toys. My youngest son loves babies and has 3 baby dolls. He likes to take care of them. He runs around the house saying he wants to be a daddy when he grows up. I have heard a lot of comments about him having his baby when we are out and about but I just ignore them. As long as you think your son will like the kitchen set then that is all that matters. Just make sure that he has plenty of play food to cook too.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2010