Pain?

I have been getting this pain, not really pain just discomfort and it feels like I have been doing gymnastics all day for the first time..the same pain u get when u first go to the gym and do aerobics or something and my pubic bone is all sore..is this normal..I'm 36 weeks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh yes very normal, and don't hate me but it only gets worse before it gets better I am sorry to say, at the end of my first I was in pain everywhere I swear my hair hurt.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Unfortunately, the pain is part of it. Your body releases a hormone called (appropriately) relaxin, which loosens up the joints in your body. Your pelvic bone, which you probably thought was one solid bone, isn't and is actually splitting apart at the cartilage points-- and there's one right between your legs! I just learned from my doctor that in some countries, it's actually standard practice to cut it during delivery!

The good news is that all this loosening up allows your body to deliver your baby more easily. The bad news is that it hurts, and in some cases can be debilitating. I really think women in their last weeks should be allowed to park in the handicap spots or at least somewhere closer to the entrance. I remember I could barely walk.

Just try to take it easy-- you're more likely to sprain something or fall at this stage. Take care!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010