has anyone seen 20/2o on Small Smills dentist and the abominable things this guy is doing to toddlers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no....why what is he doing
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Thank you PrincessBeth for replying. You should google Small Smiles and read some of the parent reactions to this guy. I watched 20/20 2 weeks ago and have been sick to my stomach since. Haven't slept through the night since. He has been treating innocent little toddlers from low-income families who have no other option for dental care. He restrains them in waht looks like full-body straight jackets to prevent them from moving so that he can perform unnecessary dental work to make money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• We had a small smiles dentist here in Rochester, NY...But I didn't know there was a story on 20/20 about them. My daughter went there ONE TIME, for her first teeth cleaning, and I didn't take her back any more. Not that I think anything bad happened to her, but I went into labor with my son when she was scheduled for her next cleaning. She's been going to a traveling dentist at her school since she was in pre-k, and I am very thankful for that.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 8:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I had that happen in my own town. I took my dd in for a teeth cleaning and the dentist pulled her teeth saying afterward that he knew I could never afford braces and she needed them removed!!!! First off, I didn't give permission for him to pull her teeth. I also ended up with great insurance and finally got her braces and it turned out he took out too many teeth and made it harder to straighten them! I hate it when they take small kids back and won't let the moms go back with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If they don't let mom go, then the kid doesn't go. End of story!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• this show is the reason i looked a little further into my sons denist and their procedures...my son has his first appointment on march 9..and the first question i asked is could i go back there...he is only 2...and i never leave him alone with anyone such as doctors...dentists..ect..i even stay in the room when he has speech thearpy and they do that at my house...
    melissabilliot

Answer by melissabilliot at 8:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yep, find a new practice! ANY place that doesn't allow parents with minors, I'm not going.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• That is awful damn..

My dentist always wants the parent to come back with their child if they are little like that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Don't know where my last response went ??? I am soooooo glad Watermelon you pulled your daughter out of this slimey dental group before the same happenes to her. OPRAH, RICK SANCHEZ (CNN) , LARRY KING, NIGHT LINE someone simply has to do a full-on hour uncovering this snake so NO OTHER little children fall prey. There are still parents out there who haven't watched 20/20 and are still sending their children there. I feel so passionate about this as I have gone through a similar experience with a dentist in Dallas, Pa. who wouldn't allow me to go back in the room to see what was going on. I became very upset as you can imagine and he removed me and my daughter from his practice. By-the-way this is a guy I had been going to for 25 years. It wasn't until I had children that I discovered what a snake he was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I didn't think anything of it, because my dd came out of there all smiles-but she was and still is very social! I did hear something about it on our LOCAL news...but I did not know it went into national attention!
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 9:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2010