I have hair long enough for a small pony tail i want to grow it but at the same time keep it tidy without having it in a pony tail, any one have ideas of any styles please?

my hair is very flyaway,i have to wash it every day or it looks greasy i use 2in 1 ie shampoo/conditioner and leave it to dry naturaly basically im bored with it, and fed up trying to keep it in one place, (i have a natural kink in it when it gets a certain length,to be blunt i have a bad hair day every day.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My hair is shoulder length and naturally curly/wavy. I know that if I let it air dry, it's a HOT MESS lol. Do you have a straightening iron? I suggest applying a small amount of a heat styling cream while it's wet, blow drying it straight and flat ironing it and putting it half up with a clip. Give it a little bump on top to add some volume. Finish it off with a shine spray. It is almost unheard of for anyone to let their hair air dry and have it turn out fabulous lol. (There are some lucky ones out there, but I know I'm not one of them lol) Hair will do whatever you want it to do, it just takes some patience and work. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You might want to head on over to Chagrin natural soaps, they have shampoo bars and I have never been happier with my hair. It takes about a week for all the build up of other products to get out of your hair, but after that the stuff is amazing. My hair has never been more managable and shiney. Also try a vinegar rinse. 1 cup of warm water wtih 1/2 T of apple cider vinegar. Also if you have essential oil of peppermint, use about 1 drop in the mixture. You will be amazed at what your hair looks like. Also find clips and stuff that you can throw up parts of your hair in. Also straiting irons can be your best friend as well

https://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/index.html
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am a hair stylist and I would suggest first off, not to use the 2 in one anymore. when you shampoo your hair it drops your ph balance and when you condition your hair it brings the ph back to its normal ph. If you use a 2 in one that process doesnt get to happen and the end result is either, 1. hair that is very greasy or 2. hair that didnt really get conditioned.
    2 in 1 sounds so convienent i know, but it just doesnt do what your hair needs from a shampoo & conditioning treatment. If you have fine hair like I do and find it gets greasy often, only use a little shampoo and focus more so on the ends of the hair not at the base close to the scalp and always allow your conditioner to stay on for a good 2 minutes to fully soak into the hair strands. Are you looking for a new hair cut or a new way to style it? feel free to e-mail me with further questions, id love to help!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2010