Adoption~

My husband and I have been considering adoption of a in Haiti. Has anyone adopted a child from over sea's? We are looking into this adoption for a child to have a great life & family. We are relgious in the Catholic church as I,think every child should know about faith through Jesus. I think a child deserves a better life than living in Haiti. I have read and researched about adoption in Haiti which I know it's a very long process to adopt over sea's. At least a 2yr. wait. The cost is very understandable. The wait process is long ,but given a chance to have a new child in my home is more than worth the wait. So my question is has anyone adopted a child from Haiti? How long did it take you to adopt this child? Did you go to Haiti to see your child before you adopted your child? How is your adopted child doing with being in there new home? Lot's of questions. Please feel free to write me. I have seen alot of agencies which one?

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Adoption

• The adoption process is gonna be different than it was before the earthquake, especially w/ the amount of kids being brought in. Here's a link of an organization that would be able to answer all your ?'s, they are & have been placing kids for a while.
    http://www.4kidsofsfl.org/
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Aww you're such a sweetheart! God bless you! (Sorry, I'm not experienced in this, but I just had to put my 2 cents in because I'm so touched!)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have a friend who is adopting 2 older boys form Haiti. They have been involved in humanitarian efforts there for about 5-6 years. (He got a pilot's license to fly supplies to the orphanages there.) They did begin the process of adopting the boys 3-4 yrs ago, and they had still been awaiting paperwork in order for them to come to the US. They have been to see the boys many times and it's a lot of heartache to leave them each time. Due to the earthquake, their adoption was given emergency status and the boys could be here soon. Good luck to you!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2010