Agree with Schwarzenggger on fixing the crowded prisons in CA?

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger suggested California could ease its crowded prison system by sending thousands of undocumented inmates to specially built jails in Mexico.

Speaking to reporters at the Sacramento Press Club, Schwarzenegger said California could ease its strained finances by a billion dollars if 20,000 illegal immigrants currently held in the state were housed across the border.

"I think that we can do so much better in the prison system alone if we can go and take, inmates for instance, the 20,000 inmates that are illegal immigrants that are here and get them to Mexico," Schwarzenegger said.

"Think about it -- if California gives Mexico the money. Not 'Hey, you take care of them, these are your citizens'. No. Not at all.

"We pay them to build the prison down in Mexico. And then we have those undocumented immigrants down there in prison.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I think he's being very generous, all things considered. I might not have offered to pay for the prisons being built, but he did, so kudos to him for being so generous. Easing up the crowds in the prison, I can only imagine how much easier that will make the prison guards' jobs.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• GREATTTT Idea!! Need to do that EVERYWHERE!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You know me anything to get illegals out of our country..

I do not ness agree with paying to have the prisons built..I just love to see ANY effort to crack down on illegal immigration...HAD ENOUGH
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Although obviously this is being proposed to free up soace in the prisons is all..

I wish it could serve to let all the other hacks actually do something about illegal immigration instead of just allowing it to go on
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I need to learn more about this before I can fully comment...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Do Americans that desperately need jobs get to go to Mexico to build these prisons that we are paying for?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Great question Quinn
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2010