What can cause foot pain so you can't walk on it?

Along side of my foot is pain. It hurts to put any weight on it. I don't recall doing anything. Its not where I have a bunion. This is new to me. So I'm hoping the wise ladies here have some clues on what it might be? How to help? I soaked it in epsons salts. I put ice packs on, aleve, elevating it. NO relief! Anything you know of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Health

• your best bet would be to see a doc. It could be many things, there are sooo many tiny bones in the foot, not to mention all the ligaments and tendons. If you can, get a set of crutches and stay off that foot for a while.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My husband is an orthotist--he make braces, arch supports etc.. have you changed shoes lately? I would consult a doc, you could have a hairline fracture or something? Did you hit it? Is it swollen or just tender? Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• need to see a doctor if you can not put weight on it it could be broken sprained anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Gout I think but you should go to a doc. If it is Gout there is no cure but time.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 9:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010