what time does your three year old go to bed and get up in the am.

I was at a birthday party last night and the moms were talking about it and I made a coment about my son goes to bed at 7p and there was so much shock. But Im a working mom and he gets up at 6a almost everyday. Am i a bad mom for putting him to bed that early.

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, my kids at age 3 were in bed at 7 or 8 o'clock every night.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My 3 yr old goes to bed between 8-9pm (he shares a room with 2 older brothers) and most days he gets up between 7-8am -depending on how noisy brothers are in the morning.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No , not at all.Why what time did their kids go to bed?Ya know I have been at others houses for parties and get togethers and seen some parents let their kids stay up way to late.I'm not sure what they are doing.I think your the one doing right.I think that parents who let their children stay up late are just lazy.Kids need supervision & sleep. They really do,it's a known fact.So no you are not alone.They just want to be told it's o.k., and it's not.My opinion, but it is the right one.I put my 4 & 10 yr old to bed at 8 and the babe to bed at 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Our 3 year old goes to bed between 7 and 7:30, depending on when I finish her story and get her settled in. During the week we're up around 5 and on the weekends she'll still get up around 6 or 7. I think that what you're doing is normal and healthy for your child.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• They were all saying that bath time is 7 then read and kids to bed by 9 I think that 9 is way to late. But thats because im up at 5am when i got to work. most of the moms there were SAHM not that that makes a difference but they can sleep in if they dont have anyother kids to get on the bus.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I think an earlier bedtime is better. My son is 3 and goes to bed between 7 & 7:30 and gets up between 7 & 7:30.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• To each their own, my daughter goes to bed at 9:30-10pm and gets up around 8. I have a friend who's kids go to bed at 6pm and get up at 5am. Every family is different, no one is right or wrong.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Both my kids go to bed around 8:30 - 9pm. The 4yo is usually up around 7:30-8 and the baby gets up once at 3am then sleeps til about 7 or 8. it's nice actually.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• in bed at 7 and up at 7. Works for us!
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No way... I know plenty of school aged kids whose bedtime is 7pm (sometimes 8 in the summer)... My daughters (16 months and almost 3) were on 7:30 until we spent Christmas break in another time zone... they're still on a slightly later schedule now, like 8 or 8:30, but I think we'll be back to 7:30 soon. It just seems that they get the most consecutive hours that way.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010