Obama: the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ ?

Marion Berry [D-Ar] recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.
“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be.

Obama himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you think Dem Politicians in DC honestly thought Obama's personal popularity would bail everybody out?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• A Fox News poll from January 2006 found a 51 percent disapproval rate for the then-Republican Congress. The same poll this month shows disapproval with the Democratic Congress at 63 percent.

That should not sit well with the dems.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• ewww...I think I threw up a little.....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• He's so vein, he thinks this Nation is about him.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Most egotistical president to date..in my lifetime at least..like I said last yr the man doesnt display a speck of humbleness about him and that SCARES me..

He proves it every single time he opens his pie hole.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I read this. If I were a Dem running for re-election I would be scared spitless by this news!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

***
    Thanks. Now I'll be singing that song all day! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010