any helpful tips on potty training a boy?

i am having a little trouble potty training my 2 and 1/2 year old.... he tells me he has to go peepee but by the time i get him to the potty he has already gone... he really wants to but cant hold it.... and i dont wanna let him run around the house with no pull up cause i dont want the house to smell... any help please!!!!

countrygirl1486

Asked by countrygirl1486 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, my kid is mostly in the living room. So, we put his potty in the living room, that way he doesn't have to go far while he is learning. Its so cute , when he has to go he will run around the living room shouting"potty potty where are you". It tickles me to death.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• we are trying to teach him on the big potty.... the little one we have he thinks its just a toy and plays with it....
    countrygirl1486

Answer by countrygirl1486 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2010