how long after giving birth should u expect your period

┬┤when i gave birth to my son i got my period about 2 months after having him. when i had my daughter 3 months ago i still havent gotten my period to date and starting to wonder if thats normal or the possibility of pregnancy again

Ta2Mama

Asked by Ta2Mama at 10:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you breast feeding?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i started my period 8 months after my son was born, and then they were irregular for about 4 more months.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• wow 8 months yikes lol.
    i only breast feed her at nite to put her back to sleep she will only nurse for about 5 minutes maybe 2-3 times a nite
    Ta2Mama

Answer by Ta2Mama at 10:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It all depends on you body. With both my girls I beastfeed. with my first I got it after 6 months. With my second it was 9 months. With my SIL she also breast feed and got hers a month with her first two and 3 months on her last. So it all depends on your body after each pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• yeah i should have said i was exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6 months, then started supplementing with formula and adding solids to his diet before i ever got my period back :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I exclusively bf my son for and did not get mine back for 11 months(WoHoo!), then it was very irregular...then I got pregnant again a few months later.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I bled for about 2-3 wks after the births of all 3 of my kids, then went right into a 2 wk period. I was about to pull my hair out!! But dr. said that its normal. I would talk to your dr. Are you on b/c? Have you been using it correctly (remembering pills, etc.?) It's possible you could be preggers, I'd get it checked out just to be sure.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• yeah i spoke with my dr and he prescribed bc but i havent taken it yet. he said taking it should start my period for me and try to regulate it. lol id be thrilled about having another little one but my husband wouldnt he already going through post pardum with my daughter and i pretty much have to keep her away from him. maybe ill test and then take the bc or just take the bc and see if it starts my period
    Ta2Mama

Answer by Ta2Mama at 11:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2010