16 week blood test and no answers yet... Is that a sign?

So this is my 2nd baby and with my son I remember when I had my 16 week testing done we had the results bake pretty fast. Well I had this testing done on the 13th of this month... Its been almost 2 weeks... Icalled the OB office and they said they dont have them yet... I am worried because my family has alot of MR. Both Aunts and 3 cousins, that I know of. My brother also... Our son is perfect and we couldnt be happier... No matter what the tests says we are keeping this baby and dont care... But I was wondering, shouldnt they have the results back??

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 10:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have always been told by my dr no news is good news i had blood test on jan 12 and havent heard anything yet either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• you don't really say what test, do you mean an amniocentesis?

i think the lab is probably just being slow getting the results back. i agree w/ anon 10:23. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The holiday season led to a lot of closings and backed up lab work. The lab is probably still writing up reports from December. Don't worry.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i agree with both i usually never got any or my results back till by next ob apt it they dont have them then i would request they ask the lab why
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010