two working hands praying... (Christians)

How many of pray while you work? I read a comment lat week about two hands working do more than a thousand hands praying. I started thinking, aren't praying hands often working hands?

Then I started counting all the times I pray. (OH man its a lot) I pray in the car, at the computer, in the tub, before bed, before I wake up ... you get the idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I pray all the time. If I feel off I pray, cooking dinner I pray, reading my son a book... I pray. See a pretty day - I pray... I pray all the time!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The quote you're referring to means that instead of praying for intervention (help my husband find work), people should be taking matters into their own hands. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're taking it a bit literally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• why does it have to be instead of and why not along with?

the question is when do you pray
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

I can understand this point of view. However, I would have to agree that you should pray for God's will, but continue to work hard for it as well. For example, my husband graduated, with honors, with his bachelor's degree in history 3 years ago, but continues to work as a department manager at Wal-Mart. He has tried getting a high school teaching position in several different schools, as well as other jobs that require bachelors degrees. In our current economy, it has made it nearly impossible to get a good job, even with an education. He is almost done with his masters and it seems doors are starting to open. He will be starting a part-time job teaching GED courses to prison inmates. CONT
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 3:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• He has had to work very hard to get a job, but he isn't the best at praying and asking God for help. I always have to remind him that he needs to pray and seek God on everything more often, but he tends to rely on himself. He knows he needs to pray more, but doesn't think much about it because of his "self-sufficiency." He has been praying a lot lately about getting a job (after 3 yrs of no luck, lol) which really leads me to believe he should have been praying more before and he would have had something better before now!! Anyway, after he finally started relying on God more concerning his career it appears all these doors are starting to open. He will also teach GED courses to newly released prisoners that are trying to get back on their feet.
    In closing, I feel it takes prayer and working hard to get the best possible results. I don't think God is just going to give someone that doesn't try something they want.
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 3:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010