• In the Spotlight:

If you go to church:why do you go to church?

I used to give this long drawn out reason like To become one with God, and understand he is the higher power.

Finally I came to the real reason. I like it, I like praying, I like setting aside an hour of my time just for God, I like the quiet before Mass, I like the singing, I like the atmosphere, I like the readings and I like the friendly people. I love the Eucharist, and the prayers.
I like Mass and everything about it. There doesn't have to be a deep reason for going, we can go because we want to.

What do you like about church? Why do you go?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 10:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mass is good for the soul. I love the singing part of the Mass. It's so beautiful that it moves you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I think singing is my favorite part!
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I believe in God and everything but---also my mom always made me go to sunday school so of course I'll make my kids go. But I go overboard and make them go to church three days a week, in a weird attempt to make them not as wild as I was when I was a teenager.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• a friend of mine once asked me if I thought that people who went to church were happy, or the people who were happy went to church. Think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am Pagan but my family and I go to the Unitarian Universalist church. My husband and I love the fellowship of like minded or at least OPEN minded people. I love the peace I feel in our sanctuary and it's like a spiritual fill up for the week. I love the Sunday school for my daughter, because the Religious Education program exposes the children to all the world religions in an intellectual manner, not a judgmental one. It's nice knowing she is being educations as opposed to indoctrinated, and will be able to make an educated decision about her own spirituality.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

****

Be careful with that...you jsut may make them worse. I say this because my grandma was a hardcore christian and when she adopted her friends kid- she was so strict and whatnot that she ended up on drugs-pregnant as a teen-in and out of having a place to live-thinking the world owed her...on and on.
    *just sayin
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i love it too, even if i'm feeling a little blah, i still go because i know that i'll feel better. It uplifts me. I also always learn something.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I like being around other people who respect my beliefs and are raising their families with hope and love. It also makes me feel closer to DH. Our church is very committed to supporting committed couples.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I love going. It just makes me feel better.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I attend mass every sunday, even though I don't believe in the basic tenets of catholicism. I like it. I like the ritual, the peace, the priest, the ceremony, etc. It appeals to my ADD, lol. Calms my brain. :)

Besides, my kids are learning to sit still for an hour.
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 11:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2010