Jesus' sinful nature

I was raised that Jesus was tempted in all things! That he had a sinful nature just as we do. Now my question is that if Christ inherited a sinful, fallen nature, when did He disinherit it?Has He who is the same yesterday and today and forever, taken His "sinful, fallen nature" to God's right hand? I was raised that God doesn't change. EVER!

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 10:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus was tempted but never gave in. He was the only human ever to have NO SIN. And temptation isn't a sin. Giving in IS.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't believe that Jesus sinned. He died for OUR sins!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I'm not saying Jesus sinned but he bore the same sinful nature we do just as we do and he conquered it. I am asking does he still get tempted or did he change? also if he changed to bear our sinful nature how can he be the same always and forever?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Hmmm yes he was tempted and yet he remained 100% perfectly loyal to God. Amazing and unique. So he really never changed, right. Perfectly created, perfect human integrity, and resurrected to heaven.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• But he changed alitte bit. Even though he didn't sin he still gained a sinful nature. I am just puzzled is all.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Jesus did not have a sinful nature. He was perfect, as was prophesied of the Messiah, so that he could become the ultimate atoning sacrifice for our sins. Had He at any point possessed a sinful nature, His death on the cross would have been meaningless, and Christians would have no basis for their faith. Jesus was tempted only once, as a fulfillment of prophecy, in Matthew 4. That was it, and there was no question that He would give in to this temptation, because He was the perfect Son of God and sin was not something that entered in.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Well remember, Jesus was in heaven for "kabillions" of years knowing his loving father and the truth. What a relationship! He witnessed alot also: the down fall of humanity by Satan, demons making babies with hotties, the flood, etc. Im sure it hurt him dearly to see his father challenged. So when he came to earth, he was God's perfect spokesperson.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• then why does the bible say he was tempted in all things?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• temptation is not sin, not by a long shot.

I don't agree with you thinking but by trying to put myself in your shoes, I would say IF he had a sinful nature(which I think is horrible to say) but if he did he would have disinherited at his death and resurrection.
    Anonymous

• He was tempted by Satan. He had to refuse keeping the integrity of God. He had to be perfect to redeem our sins. He redeemed our sins through ressurection, thus making him worthy of repurchasing mankind. He is the only worthy person on earth to erase our sins. (I like talking about Jesus, he is the key that unlocks everything :)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2010