Has anyone taken the Activia Challenge?

I've decided to try this and was wondering three things: Is it safe for my toddler to have some? Does anyone else get an annoying burning sensation in the back of the throat that lasts for hours? Is it supposed to taste so sweet?
I admit I'm not used to yogurts like this. Greek & Indian yogurts are all I've ever had.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 10:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• no,but I take a daily acidophilis capsule and its helped regulate me.Or the fiber could be doing that,who knows?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Does your toddler need it? I ate Activia in college at the request of my obgyn to regrow bacteria, and while it didn't make the back of my throat burn, it did eventually make my stomach upset. It was really sweet when I was eating it too. Honestly, your toddler could probably have regular yogurt, and if for some reason he needs the probiotics there are probiotic powders available that you can mix into any food. You could mix it in with the Greek or Indian yogurt. Another thing, the Activia really only works part of the time. Dannon recently refunded a lot of money to a lot of people because their results didn't match the claims.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You would benefit more by taking a probiotic capsule (your toddler can also have it, sprinkled over food or mixed in a drink). The activia is an expensive joke. Don't take the challenge, get a good probiotic (one that needs to be refrigerated) and you'll be much better off, I promise!
    Anonymous