Pauls words

"Absent from the body, present with the Lord"

Is Paul speaking of literal death or spiritual death? Because spiritual death imo would make more sense, because the less we live for our flesh the more we live for the spirit hence present with the Lord?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 10:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not sure what verse this is, but I lean towards death to our sinful nature because he seems to have that as a theme.

Gal 5:24 "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires."
    Romans 8:8 "and those who are in the flesh cannot please God"
    Romans 7:5 "For when we were controlled by the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death."
    Romans 13:14 "Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh"
    wv_mom

Answer by wv_mom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't understand. Spiritual death to me would mean Hell. How else can a spirit be dead?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I mean to die to our sinful nature, sorry I was woken early and not using my words well. I am saying if we die to our sinful nature we are with the Lord
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010