Obama Gets 'F' on Stopping Spread of Weapons of Mass Destruction?

In a 19-page report card being published Tuesday, the bipartisan Commission on the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction, Proliferation and Terrorism gives the Obama administration an "F" for failing to take key steps the commission outlined just over a year ago in its initial report.

What are your thoughts?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

•  I have to say this is a valid point about Obama downplaying these tragic events that has happened in these recent months. A person gets the message from Obama that those events do not matter and in a way Obama has made it seem that he cant take any responsibility of any attacks or tragedies, because of he is not a strong comander in cheif, here on American soil since being in office, he wants us to Forget it happened on his watch, because its someone elses fault.

Thats the messege I see......

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Report Card: Government Failing to Protect America from Grave Threats of WMD Proliferation and Terrorism Washington, D.C.—Former Senator Bob Graham (D-FL) and former Senator Jim Talent (R-MO), chair and vice chair of the bipartisan Commission on the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferation and Terrorism, today released a report card indicating that the U.S. government is not taking the necessary steps to protect the country from the threats posed by WMD and terrorism.

Of 17 grades, the report card includes three failing “F” grades on rapid and effective response to bioterrorism; Congressional oversight of homeland security and intelligence; and national security workforce recruitment.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• “We are also enormously frustrated about the failure of Congress to reform homeland security oversight,” said Senator Talent. “The Department can’t do its job, if it is responding to more than 80 congressional committees and sub-committees. This fragmentation guarantees that much of what Congress does is duplicative and disjointed.”

The Report Card also includes “A” grades for achieving specific actions related to a review of domestic programs to secure dangerous pathogens, for finalizing and approving an Interagency Bioforensics Strategy, and for conducting recommended reorganization inside the National Security Council.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nice Cut & Paste stick out tongue mini

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yep, he deserves a big fat 0 for the 0 things he has done to make this a great country.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Other F's

Enhance the nation’s capabilities for rapid response to prevent biological attacks from inflicting mass casualties.

Implement education and training programs to recruit and retain the next generation of national security experts.

D
    Tighten government oversight of high-containment labs

Its report, World at Risk, identified 13 recommendations consisting of 49 actions that Congress and the Administration should take to change the trajectory of risk. More information about the Commission, including the interim report, is available at www.preventwmd.gov
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Wow, elementary school actics, sweet. I don't care who cuts and paste what. Look back at my comments... I don't comment on that. I comment when people don't answer the question.... I am not one of the ones to criticize for that... I think it's time for you to unroll your nap mat and take some down time...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• That would be because instead of putting great focus on what they are supossed to work at for the country..they have been focused solely on liberal bills
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

Really??! lol I was being facetious (notice the smiley). Maybe I should sink as low as you and start insulting you and calling you names...Maybe it is YOU that needs a nap. BTW, WHY were your posts removed? I dodn't complain???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Really??! lol I was being facetious (notice the smiley). Maybe I should sink as low as you and start insulting you and calling you names...Maybe it is YOU that needs a nap. BTW, WHY were your posts removed? I dodn't complain???

That is a smiley? looks like a evil tongue with a green wart. ;o) Where did I call you a name? I asked you a question. Crank the senstivity down and try ANSWERING the questions asked... I know it's a new thing for you, but hell give it a whirl. As for the posts being removed~I know I didn't report myself.. IMO~It's usually the one who is too sensitive and can't handle the truth that whines to CM.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2010