at-home/natural remedies for yeast rash?

I have had a rash on my inner theighs for a while now. I cant afford a doctor. I think it is yeast overgrowth based on the way it looks and the way it is spreading (it is circular). What are some good topical treatments for it? I have hydrocortizone but was told it's not good to use it too much because it's a steroid??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Health

• make a paste with baking powder and water. try that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• and what will that do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• just a suggestion....the paste works for severe diaper rash .at least it worked for my daughter when no other cream would. it may help with burning and itching, if there is any. it won't necessarily help to keep it from spreading but if you're looking for relief......
    is there maybe a health clinic to go to? like a family planning? they usually help with any women's health concerns and charge very little or no money at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• well I do have a scheduled appt. for a pap test in April, I'd rather just wait till then since appt at the health clinic take forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• are you sure it's not ring worm? Go to the store and get some Lotramin cream, it's an anti-fungal. Also, tea tree oil is an antifungal as well
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Are you sure it isn't ringworm?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• sounds like ringworm to me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If it it a yeast problem, cut out sugary/yeasty foods, drink lots of water, and start taking probiotics. If it's ringworm, try putting clear nail polish on it (not very natural but works!), also tea tree oil will help kill it.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 12:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i will try the tea tree oil! thanks. i'm not sure if it is ringworm, it doesnt quite look like a "ring" but a filled in circle.
    Anonymous

• if you suspect yeast then go online and look up the anti candida diet. it should be a no sugar diet. like pp said, no sugar, lots of water and probiotics.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010