Do you eat lunch at school with your child?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 11:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Some days - usually once/quarter. It's a special thing when I do and I usually bring them in a "special" lunch from somewhere they like.

Answer by missanc at 11:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I did when we lived overseas but not here. I wouldn't be able to take my 3 yo with me. I do occassionally sign them out for lunch and take them out.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I do once or twice a year. The food is actually good and she loves it when I come meet her. Afew times a year I also pick her up and take her out to lunch.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• no because i think lunch is a good time for my children to learn social skills.......kids need to be social just as much as adults and i figure if i expect them to stay focused in class all day i also need to give them space to have a social life....i will take them to do something special after school or on weekends..
    Anonymous

• one day a month either my dh or i will go in and have lunch w/ my son. he actually requests it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am glad the parents here are saying they do it once in a while. We have parents at our school that come several times a week! Two years ago this happened: a mom cam everyday- her daughter had a falling out with a friend, the Mom got involved-bringing food for a group of kids, excluding this child, then she started giving the child the eye (according to this child)- the parents complained and we asked the Mom if she would refrain from coming to school for a bit until the girls had a chance to work things out on their own (kids usually do!)- the Mom refused citing her rights and we could not stop her. Things got so out of control the one family took a restraining order out against the other family to prevent the Mom from being near the kid. What a mess. Bottom line, be a part of your childs life-but let them have their own lives. These girls would have worked things out fine had the adults not become
    CONT
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• so involved. When you go to lunch remember- they are kids! I think one time a month is fine when they are little- as they get older you will probably want to cut it back- they love their social time!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• On parents day.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2010