Retro: What toys do your kids play with that you also had?

For instance when I was growing up Transformers were around as were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they both like to play with those now.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 11:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My boys all play with transformers. My DH actually found one of his old ones from when he was younger and they have confiscated it. It's their favorite toy and is still standing up to all the abuse that they are putting it through.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• tinker toys, transformers
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Etch a Sketch, My Little ponies, Leggos, Lincoln Logs, Hess trucks/cars, plastacene(sp?) clay, play dough...
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Connect Four, Kerplunk, Operation, Uno, Lincoln logs, playdoh, twister.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Etch a Sketch, Play-doh, That phone that fisher price makes , Barbie, and my little pony
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My daughter is only 5 months so I don't know if she plays with similar toys that I played with. But she has lots of old stuff - her dresser was her dad's when he was a boy and it was old back then, too. In her room the rocker also has a matching arm chair that were both my MIL's grandma's. Then she has a bunch of blankets that were my husband's when he was a boy. A couple that my MIL made when she was pregnant. She has one blanket that was my MIL's as a baby and she has one that was my blanket as a baby. My MIL just gave me baby and toddler silverware sets that were my husband's.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Oh lord, I dunno. My MIL sends toys here all the time that hubby played with when he was little.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010