When God doesn't answer... (Christians please help me)

I have something going on in my life I am trying to deal with. I have prayed and prayed and prayed about it but I don't feel as if I am getting any answer or sign of what to do.

I know in the end God will take care of me, but right now I don't know what to do. God has never let me down before, but this is the first time in my life I don't know if I should turn left or right?

I keep moving forward in the same direction, could it be I am doing the right thing and God knows I can do it on my own? Should I change directions? Right now nothing is working. I don't know what to do so I turned to God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is anon -02.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Hmmm, getting ready...it's not easy. So I don't get down on myself now if takes me a while to get to a state a "real intent."

But I think it comes down to really trusting God...like for the example I gave you, I had to trust that God would lead me right. I had to trust that no matter how scary it would be to commit to marriage, or how hard it would be to break up, that it would be the rout that would lead to the most happiness in my life overall.

(for the record I broke up with that guy within an hour of getting my answer, and I haven't regretted it since).
    Anonymous

• The Bible says He will guide you so until He shows you left or right I would imagine you are on the path He wants you on.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• He hears you. He works in His own time. Just keep praying.

matt 6:31-33--31 So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’ 32 For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For YOUR heavenly Father knows YOU need all these things.
    33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU.
    Anonymous

• God speaks. Sometimes we don't listen. "Peace, be still" and hear.
    Anonymous

• Its time you begin thinking about the law of attraction. Whatever you hope the outcome of your situation to be you need to already be dwelling on. You see, prayers are only a projection of what we want. What answers prayer are the vibes we release into the atmosphere; its the law of attraction. If you get more in tuned with yourself, you'll recognize the god in you - the part of you which is connected to the divine. All things are possible through the power of the mind. If your mind is telling you that Jesus can and will get you through your circumstance then he will. Its your mind, create your own reality. 

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You see, prayers are only a projection of what we want. What answers prayer are the vibes we release into the atmosphere; its the law of attraction.

OP here
    prayers are not projections they are sent to God. What answers our prayers is God. I assume you are Christians because I specifically asked for Christians to help me. If you can't help in my faith at least don't hurt.
    Anonymous

• You sure it is an answer, just not the answer you are looking for?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Have you seen the dorky comedy "Evan Almighty"? I think the screen play writers were very astute in their understanding of prayer.

When you pray for patience, does God give you patience or the opportunity to be patient?
    When you pray for strength, does God pump up your muscles or give you the chance to grow stronger?

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Are you familiar with the term praying with real intent? - It means being 100% willing to act on the answer no matter what it is.

I've noticed most of my most frustrating times when I felt I wasn't getting an answer it was because I didn't really want to act either way. Like I spent months praying to know if I should marry a guy or not, and I never got an answer...until one day I realized that I didn't really want to get married right then if the answer was yes...and at the same time I didn't really want to break up with him right then if the answer was no.

It was only when I finally got the point where I was so ready to do either no matter what the answer was, that suddenly the answer to my prayer came quickly and clearly. I think God was just waiting for me to be ready to be responsible for the answer.
    Anonymous

• God hears our prayers. Sometimes we don't hear the answer we want. Sometimes God answers us with a 'wait' or a 'not right now' or a flat out 'no'

We have to learn how to listen.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010