The Hard Questions

These are some of the questions I always got in trouble at church for asking and no one ever gave me a satisfactory answer to. What do you think? (btw, I'm beyond being converted back to Christianity. I respect it but according to Mark 3:29 I'm officially doomed)

Why do people who do REALLY bad things (i.e. rape, murder, child moslestation, etc) but repent get a free pass to heaven but people who honestly live good lives but happen to not be Christian are sentenced to hell?

The Jews have always been God's Chosen people, do you believe God sends them to hell because they don't believe in Jesus?

When did the snake lie to Eve? God said if they ate the fruit they would surly die and they didn't. He never said "you'll lose eternal life" the wording is "you will surly die".

Where did the people in the city of Nod come from?

I have more but this will work for now.

paganmom05

Asked by paganmom05 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• popcornThis should be fun! lol!

Hope you get some answers, cause I have yet to hear any good ones for any of these! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• me too...though they will probably just call it bashing ...
    Anonymous

• just because they repent doesn't mean they're not going to hell. you can' t just say " oh i'm sorry Lord, forgive me, i'll never do it again" and go from there. you have to establish a relationship with Him, be baptised, receive the Holy Ghost, walk in His ways.

Jews are the same way, they have to have a relationship with Him too.

When God said "ye shall surely die" he didn't mean physically. he meant spiritually. When they both ate the fruit, they did die spiritually.

Anonymous

• Adam and Eve had more than 3 kids. we have no idea how many, therefore we have no idea whether Cain and Abel were the first, or somewhere in the middle. by the time Cain and Abel were born, Adam and Eve could have been great great great granparents for all we know. making Cain and Abel great great uncle's. back then, God let siblings marry each other. 1 of 2 things happned: Adam and Eve had kids who grew up and left to make their own cities; or Cain took his wife and made the city of Nod himself.

The Bible is not clear whether he had his wife before or after he left, all it says is he layed with his wife after he left and bore a son. so he could have been married before he even left.
    Anonymous

• I skipped over this a few minutes ago because I thought you were getting answers, but I see you were only getting not so funny comentators. Give me a few minutes and I will start to answer for you. These questions have been asked and answered before. Please remember, you may not like the answers you are going to get.
    Anonymous

• Why would you get into trouble asking these at church? this is something they should be teaching at the church
    Anonymous

• This is a personal choice: If you dont excercise your faith in Jesus, you dont have any hope...IMO He is our ransom, with out him to erase death, what else is there? You got zip lol.

I dont think you die and you go to hell. There will be ressurrections. John 5:28.29

"You will surely die." Not sure on this one. They did not die right away, they were kicked out of Eden. A new plan set in motion. I guess to populate the earth and bring the birth line of Jesus.?? He did not kill Adam and Eve right away because that would have not solved the problem of his sovernty. That will come.....
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Why do people who do REALLY bad things (i.e. rape, murder, child moslestation, etc) but repent get a free pass to heaven but people who honestly live good lives but happen to not be Christian are sentenced to hell

Nobody gets a free pass. There is no such thing as a free pass to heaven. Rewards just like sin are different in heaven. A rapist has to repent and TRULY accept Jesus in their heart. I believe the Catholic position on atheist is those who have not rejected Jesus are able to get into heaven.  You may not like this answer but you will not get to the Father without Jesus. As humans we don't fully comprehend that idea and maybe living a life like Jesus will get you into heaven. I also  hear many people say they wouldn't want to spend eternity in heaven with Christians. That very act of free might them the other way. Bottom line is God makes the final choice
    Anonymous

• The Jews have always been God's Chosen people, do you believe God sends them to hell because they don't believe in Jesus?

Again, God makes the final choice. I worry about my salvation not others.

Anonymous

• When did the snake lie to Eve? God said if they ate the fruit they would surly die and they didn't. He never said "you'll lose eternal life" the wording is "you will surly die".

toe-may-toe/ tomato Are they alive? I think they did die, therefore his words were right on unless they are alive and kicking somewhere and we just don't know it.
    Anonymous