If you killed someone in a car accident, could you.........

attend their funeral or showing? I don't think I could. I would feel they all hated me and think how could I even dare show up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Out of consideration for the family I wouldn't attend. Think about it - you've just killed someone. It stops being about you at that point when the family needs time to grieve and say goodbye.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I think it depends on your relation to the person. And also how the accident occurred. If it was my fault because of my own recklessness, then no. If it was due to weather conditions and a freak accident then probably if they were related. If it was a stranger, then not at all.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My BIL died as the result of a horrible car accident. The driver of the other vehicle was not found at fault (they think BIL had something like a brain hemorrage). The other driver was in the hospital or she would have gone to his funeral, and if it had been the other way around that he lived and she died, not only would he have gone to her funeral, but he would have taken a "big brother" position to her children - he was just that kind of guy. But he's been in Heaven now for over 11 years, and is greatly missed.

I don't know if I could. It would really depend on the circumstances. Who's to say I wouldn't be in jail, ya know? Most of the time after a deadly accident teh person at fault is cooling their heels in a cell, so they wouldn't be able to go anyway, or even in the hospital.
    Anonymous

• When my husband died in a car accident the ppl in the other car sent flowers. That was very nice. It wasn't necessary for them to come to the funeral. And the accident wasn't their fault. Flowers are a nice gesture without coming face to face at a very hard time.

Anonymous

• I think it would depend on the circumstances of the accident but it would be prudent to check with the family of the deceased ahead of time regardless of circumstances
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i think it would be disrespectful to pp they loved and who loved them.... i would not do that. i would show respect in some other way... go see the grave later on. etc.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• NMo, I would send flowers then send a card expressing my wholehearted apologies with a telephione num,ber. That way, they can call if they want to talk to you.
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 1:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nope. The family would hate me.

I am glad this lady didn't show up my 3 family members funeral. Dumb b*tch was high and drugs and killed them, she hit them head on. If she would've showed up, I would've beat the living hell out of her. I will hate her until the day I die..
    Anonymous

• No and even if the family had forgiven me and asked me to attend I wouldnt out of respect for them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't even go to funerals for people I actually care about.

If it was an accident, I would accept that and go on. If I hated them, plowed them down and got away away with it, I would go on even better. Either way, it would never blip on my radar to go the any sort of service, because, again, I don't do funerals. It's that simple.

It's a moot point for me, because I don't drive anyhow.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010