How do I potty train a boy? Standing up or sitting down?

mom3az

Asked by mom3az at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I always taught them sitting down first, when they were on the potty. During the summer, I would let them go out in the bushes to pee outside, and that's how they learned to stand.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• standing requires more coodination. my son has been trained since he was 3. he is four and still sits at home. at school they have a kids size urinal so he stands there because it is a bigger target. the boy who lives behind us stands but they have small toilets (shorter then the ones in my house) and it is easy for him to get it in... all kids are different but most boys i worked with in prek were taught to sit before standing.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I always train my boys sitting down. Once they have better control they can go standing up. I don't need my whole bathroom sprayed with urine.
    Anonymous

• i have done it sitting. i did buy a urinal for my 2nd son though, i thought maybe he was hesitant to potty train b/c he was so short,a nd his feet didn't touch the ground. the urinal potty was more fun for the older boys, so we put it away!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I potty trained my son sittin first then,when he turned 3 we started standing!!! He loved to pee on Dads truck tires LOL! Good Luck!!
    MaeganP25

Answer by MaeganP25 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i always trained them sitting at first evean tho my inlaws didnt like it but it wasjust easier for my boys to sit frist
    Anonymous