Would/do you take your child(ren) to HOOTERS?

I saw this in another post and I was just curious what you ladies thought. Appropriate...Inappropriate to take your kid(s) to HOOTERS?

NO JUDGING OR BASHING THOSE FOR DIFFERENCE IN OPINIONS PLEASE!

Personally, Im on the fence about it. First off, the food at our nearest Hooters isnt that good. The girls arent that attractive; most have NO figures & wear entirely too much makeup. Thats not just my opinion by my husband's also. Secondly, we dont go there too often & when we do go out to dinner....we are usually alone (date night).

eblstanford

Asked by eblstanford at 12:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't have any near us, and personally if I wanted bar food I would make my own. When we go out to dinner we like to pick places that have a family atmosphere. Hubby say's the food we eat at home is much better than restaurant food, so it's a waste of money to go out to eat..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't only because the food isn't very good. If their food ever gets better, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't take my DD to Hooters. I think its pretty obvious why there are usually mostly men eating and all girls serving... Its set up that way. And with the descrimination that happens, IDK, I just don't want to support that. I really don't like taking my DD to any kind of sports lounge anyway (unless its known as a family establishment).
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No. I don't like their food, and I would never give my kids the idea that it's okay to objectify women in that way. I know the girls are there just to earn a living, and I don't begrudge that - I know they work hard - but a lot of men go there to ogle, which I will teach my son's is not the way to look at women; and I don't want my daughter to learn that it's okay to use her body to get what she wants.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have never been but we refuse to take our sons. They are 3 and 1 and they have already felt girls up (friends of our's but still embarrassing). Knowing our luck they would do the same to the waitresses.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I like Hooters wings, although I haven't had them in years. My daughter is too young to understand what they're wearing. The only reason I wouldn't take my daughter at this age is because I won't take her to any type of bar setting. Now that is the type of place I DEFINITELY wouldn't take her as she gets older. I have been craving hot wings for weeks, but it's hard to find a place with good wings that isn't a bar atmosphere. It doesn't get too much trashier than bringing your baby to a bar!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I've taken my kids to Hooters. It's just a restaurant. My kids are too young to get any sexual overtones from it, and I like wings.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No, I prefer to take my kids somewhere with a more family-friendly atmosphere as opposed to a bar with scantily clad women being ogled by men drinking. Yes, I'm sure there are ways to explain it to your kids, but I'd just rather not at this age. They'll find out what the world is like soon enough.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I must be a weird I really have NO PROBLEM taking my DS to Hooters our local one is really family friendly and the girls that work there are rather nice(esp to kids my DS eats all the attention up-but he is a little flirt) and it's NOT a sexual place at all but I also wouldn't be dragging my DS there on Super Bowl Sunday when it would be total chaos. IDK Just me I guess.
    Anonymous

• If we liked the food, yes, I'd take the kids.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010