Do Any of You Have A Police Scanner?What do you think about this?

The hubby and I do & listen to it a lot to see what all goes on in our city streets.We don't live in a big town ,but we hear Crazy Things on it because crazy people are everywhere these days lol It's also very interesting to listen to how unfair the police are to people and this whole town.Like for instance red light cameras?ya know the ones that give you the terrible ticket if you barely go over the line? Well the cops are supposed to follow the same laws we do and if they run a red light they are supposed to receive a ticket in the mail,but we hear them just run them all the time and they will be like o0o umm that was an accident can you take care of that for me to dispatch! So they get by with it!Another time we heard them say what is this car doing out here and another cop came on and said "its just a couple of gays looking for a man cave"! and then 10 mins. went by and they said there goes those flamers again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, you could write an entire show based off your scanners. Write one, sell it to the networks.. LOL... Or record it and send it to your local tv station for them to investigate and possibly air and uncover waste and fraud in your local police force. Your tax dollars.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't have one but lots of people do in our small town. I am kinda surprised the cops talk like that knowing anyone could be listening.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I will will in ingornance. I don't need to know what is going on in my city. I would problay never leave my house or let my kids.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nothing new, All you have to do is watch cops drive and you see they dont follow the same rules.
    Dont need a scanner for that.
    Anonymous

• hahaha the second story was funny..

I am a member of the vol fire dept and sometimes things are blurted out over the radios without knowledge of doing so..sitting on the mic happens often some of the things you hear are something else..one night I heard bed springs
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Well My Hubby Has Programmed Our Scanner To only Pick Up The Police frequencys The Others Have A Block On Them Unless He Wants To Listen To Them.Sometimes We Listen to other things,but that night it was for sure the police it was actually detectives on an encrypted channel (so they thought) but our scanner if very very expensive so expensive i freaked when my hubby bought it but good investment now,one night we were going to walmart and while we were on our way we heard that someone called a bomb threat in at the one we were going to so we turned around and came back home(of course it was some idiot who didnt have one ,just making a joke) but that is how easy you can go somewhere and not know whats going on....
    Anonymous

• Wow, you could write an entire show based off your scanners. Write one, sell it to the networks..

Someone already did, it's called Reno 911
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't have one, but DH's grandparents used to have one. They heard their son get pulled over for DWI! They also heard DH getting a speeding ticket! LOL! However, DH only got a warning because the young cop told him his car was bad ass and he'd be speeding in it, too. (black, Mustang Cobra convertible) I almost fell over laughing at the look on DH's face when he said that! Anyhow, if you have a scanner, you must be prepared to hear things you might not want to.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• FYI, in some states it is ILLEGAL to have a scanner. As for what your hear, I say it all the time, you are only going to hear the "bad ones" because the good ones don't sell. They are alot of cops that follow the traffic laws. Oh, you know how some cops won't wear a seatbelt but the rest of us have to? I know in Oklahoma a police officer isn't required by law to wear one. Why? Incase they have to exit the vehicle quickly. Almost every cop I know wears one.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Actually FYI it is not illegal in any state in the USA and I never said anything about seat belts, because where I live you have to have one on if you are in the front seat but if you are over the age of 18 in the backseat you don't have to,not to mention seat belts save lives!! read light cameras do nothing but cause a lot of rear end wrecks because people slam on their brake to avoid a 50 dollar ticket.We listen to our scanner all the time and every time one of those cops go through a Surveillance intersection they always say take care of it.I think police are good but their are a few bad apples mixed in and i don't think it is right .just a sec ago we heard one ask another officer if he was awake......some of them spend our tax money wrong and if you want to take up for them go ahead nothing wrong with it but get your facts straight before you mess with someone who knows a thing or 2 more then you!!
    Anonymous