How much did you pay for your divorce?

What city or state do you live in? And did the fee include attorney fee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• $0!!! Legal Aide! I was on long term medical leave due to my pregnancy complications.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Thousands of dollars, but then my ex contested everything! Yes, I had an attorney.

Answer by missanc at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I hired an attorney but we already had a separation agreement that we had drawn up earlier. The Attorney took care of everything. The total was at least $1200.00 but it was well worth it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• A uncontested, no show ex, 8 months later, and $1500 dollars. Then when I went to get remarried, I called in August to make sure I was divorced because I never received my finally papers. (I got remarried in September 03) I get a call during the summer of 06 from my lawyer stated I needed to sign the papers. I was floored. I told them that we did sign the papers and went before a judge and everthing. I was pissed. We go back before the judge and I tell him that we had seen him the first time and that I had called in August 03 to make sure. I told him that I was remarried. The judge done it in such a fashion that my second marriage was still legal.

Because of my lawyers screw up, it cost me an additional $600. My total was $1500. I have paid $100 and don't plan to pay another penny.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010