Should I spend my tax return on my wedding or save it?

I'm getting married in August and I'm a SAHM/Student and DF works full time. We are getting back $5000 and I think we should save it, instead of spending it all on one day. We have a 4yr old and we bought our house 3 yrs ago. Am I crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• You have a 4 yr old and you own a home. Treat it like a vow renewal and keep it small. If you put the entire 5k down on your mortgage you will probably save 15k in payments. Or maybe you have something else in mind. A big party isn't necessary.
    Anonymous

• I fully agree with you. Weddings can get so crazy expensive and its only one day.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• In this economy I think you'd be wise to save it. You already have the house and family so just have a simple ceremony with family and a nice party.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would put half in your retirement fund and half in your child's college fund.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010