Money for grades?

Do you pay for good grades?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 12:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No - I expect good grades from my kids. I know they are capable and they should always do their best regardless of the reward.

Answer by missanc at 12:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No. We expect that our kids put in their best effort. Their reward for that effort is to get to do their extracurriculars
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No I don't pay him for good grades, I expect him to do his best and I know what he's capable of by watching/helping with homework, looking over school work that he brings home that was done in class. I get a lot of flack about it from friends, the majority pay their kids for the good grades. Every parent is different.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nope, I don't believe in that at all. We expect him to do his best just because he can not becaue we pay him too.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 1:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• when i was in hs i had an interesting arrangement w/ my dad. i got paid for A's, but had to pay him for B's.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• no. even if we liked the idea, my SD could do better on her standardized tests, class tests, and even some of the assignments. i dont understand how she is getting As on her report card and yet, not doing very well on the DIBELS test or getting Ds and Fs on some assignments. So, personally, I dont feel that she is doing her best. I know she is in the lower group of her grade level. So I dont feel that her report card grades are actually telling of how she is really doing. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she should be failing on her report card, but I know that she needs some more work. I could see her BM paying her if she wasn't already getting A's on her report card, but SO and I would never. its expected that she does her best.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010