Single moms who have trust issues when it comes to dating?

Brief...At times I feel as though I am doing too much as a gf. I work full-time and go to school full-time, lets not forget that I am a mother of a 2 yr old. My boyfriend watches my daughter while I attend school because he lost his job and he collects unemployment. Every since he lost his job things are not the same he starts counting my money and TRYING to make plans that he can't afford. I make more money then he does, but he does help pay the rent and thats it. All my money goes toward the household bills and other things that are needed and lately Ive been feeling like he doenst wants to wrk at all. But sometimes I feel as though he is only here because I have money coming in....from all kinds of direction and that is not tru at all. I just manage my money well. I saw a text in his phone stating that he is gonna not do anything around the house including bills.....Agree or Disagree Is he trying to use me?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I think there are a lot of things going on here - how long has he been out of work? does he clean the house while you're working? how long have the two of you been together?
    I would be very wary of supporting a man that I wasn't married to.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Missanc---he used to clean up but he stop because I confronted him about wrking. We have been together for about a 1year now and he lost his job about 6 months ago.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Hmm...I tend to think there is a problem there. I have been out of work for 2 yrs, unable to find a job, but I am still looking, and while looking, I am also taking care of the house, the kids, etc. My SO would like to make enough so that I can afford to stay home, and if he can do that, great, I'd love it. But I don't just assume that he will take care of me and my kids. It sounds like that is kind of what he is doing, is expecting you to take care of him, and worse, expecting that while not doing anything in return. At least if my SO is taking care of me and my kids, in return he gets a clean home, a hot meal, clean laundry, and a loving girlfriend and family to come home to after he's busted his butt. I'd tell him to start cleaning and such, and to look for a job. If he won't at least start helping around the house, definitely re-think the relationship.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If I worked and he didn't...
    House better be cleaned, and supper started, when I got home !
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• lol.....sissyann141
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I believe he's comfortable with you. He may not be intentionally using you but he's certainly taking liberties with what you have to offer. I'd be asking what his plans are but also remember there is a recession going on so it may not be easy to go out and find a job.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• He is confident that you handle your business and isn't going to let anything get in the way of you taking care of you and yours... I think u may need to re evaluate the relationship... be honest n tell him how you feel
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 6:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010