Why do bad things happen to non-Christians??

So, here's something I don't understand... IF there is a Devil and the Christian's are right, then shouldn't the Devil want the non-Christians to have a "good life" so they don't go looking for God? I mean, when people have a good life they are less likely to look for Jesus, right? So shouldn't the Devil do all he can to give them good things? Or is this simply God punishing people because they aren't going to his church - Which Christian's are constantly saying their God doesn't do!

Christian's seem to think that when bad things happen to them it's because they are being targeted by the Devil, so shouldn't it only be logical that non-Christians would be "favorites" of the Devil? So why is it that bad things happen to both Christians and non-Christians equally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Bad things can happen to all people becuase the devil hates all mankind. (God created us so the devil hates us - weather we believe in Christ or not) God is the One who makes good things come out of bad things. Look at Haiti - they were in a bad state even before the quake - now the world is helping to restore the country.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 1:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• because there is no such thing as the devil
    Anonymous

• if youbelieve in the bible then you would know that there is a devil. this is why we have good and evil in this world. If you believe in Jesus and what He did for the world then you won't have to ever meet this devil.
    Anonymous

• bad things and good things happen- I don't think any of it has to do with a god or a devil
    som JUST happens, and some is brought upon ourselves
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Bad things happen to the good and bad people. Alot of times I think bad things happen to bad people so they will turn to God. We really don't know the answers, only He knows.
    Anonymous

• Christians- bad things happen to them yes. but to always blame Satan? i wouldn't say that. sometimes life is life. you get a flat tire, i wouldn't say that's the devil. things like that just happen. Christians do go through trials though. God knows these tests are coming, and whether he believes you can make it is when he decides if he lets you go through them. (example later) the point of these trials is to get you closer with God, have a stronger connection with him. kind of like marriage, you go through trials together. you either stay together and have a better closer relationship, or you fall and get a divorce. some Christians fail a trial, and they think what's the use, and "divorce" God. some people get back up and try again, making their relationship stronger.

Non Christians- I'll ask God, if he gives me an answer i'll let you know. no room for example so i'll do it in the next answer

Anonymous

• Example: God will not give you something you can't handle. Take the book of Job, he was a man of God. God himself said he was perfect, and upright. Satan challenged that if he took his hand off of Job, he would curse God to his face, so God let him. he said do anything you want, just not to touch Job himself. Satan killed all his children and livestock, but he still worshiped God through it all. The Satan challenged him again, saying if he let him touch Job, he would curse him. So God let him, only with the rule he wasnt' allowed to kill Job. Again, Job worshipped the Lord, never cursing him. even though is own WIFE wanted him to!

God would not have done this if he hadn't known Job was ready for it. He knew Job could go through this trial, never cursing his name.
    Anonymous

• Bad things happen to all people, good and bad. I believe in Karma, and that all good things you do are returned threefold, while all bad things you do are returned tenfold. I try to live as a good person because being good and kind to others and the world in general makes me feel good about myself, and let's me keep hope for mankind to do the same.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i believe bad things happen to all people. i hear what you are saying though. satan could catch more christians if the bad life seemed good! interesting!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Bad things happen to everyone... I personally think a lot of this is karma in it's simplest form (cause and effect.) Many things in life we simply have no control over... what we can control is how we respond to those things, both good and bad.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010