Are you ok if your husband chats?

If your husband was sitting on the computer for hours everyday, chatting with women, the same women and new women everyday, would this be ok with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Innocent chat I would be okay with.
    Anonymous

• No - he should be spending his time with his family, not chatting with people he doesn't know. And why would he be chatting with only women if it were totally innocent?

Answer by missanc at 12:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No.. come on! And to the poster that says "innocent chat".. she isn't having it happen to her or this is a guy posing as a chick on Cm! A married man does not ( and should not) be spending hours on the internet chatting with other women! He should be having live conversations with his wife. In my opinion this is one way an emotional affair begins!
    Anonymous

• NO

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• HELL NO!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not! Sometimes I think everyone out there is crazy. So what, it's supposed to be okay if my husband is spending HOURS talking with other women about who knows what instead of spending time with me and our family? It's okay that he is giving his time and emotions to someone else when his wife and family are right in front of his face and need that same emotional support but he's giving it away to strange women?? People that think it's okay are crazy, in my opinion. The first step to having an affair is to "lean away from the marriage" and that is exactly what he is doing if he is talking with other women. I would put a sledgehammer through the computer and be done with it. How fricking ridiculous. I am so amazed by the things and behaviors that some people find acceptable. GET HIGHER STANDARDS!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I showed him the answers and it caused a bigger fight!
    He asked "Did you ask them if it's ok for a wife to sit on Cafemom all day and ignore her baby and her house" because I get on here everyday, not all day. I am a SAHM, we are a 1 car family. I have lost all my friends when we lost the second car because they got tired of being the ones coming here and I never go there anymore. This is the only outlet I have to talk to adults, but I guess to him I am supposed to be nothing but a slave who does housework and nothing else.
    He said he is not a marriage person, nice to know after 5 years.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry to hear that, but honey I think that you deserve better than what he is. It is not okay for a Husband to do that if he is honestly faithful to his Wife.
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 2:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No, not at all.
    Anonymous

• No.That is inappropriate. I don't even like the idea of anyone spending that much time on the computer for any reason. The gamers are so dumb. And Chatting with other women is immature and I would be suspicious!!!
    Anonymous