How do you relieve a runny nose in a toddler?

She has no fever but slept in late, looks drained and wants to cuddle (her signs of not feeling well). She's been sneezing all morning and been blowing her nose but it's so runny! I do not feel comfortable giving her tylenol because she has no fever, cough or anything. I did just rub baby vicks on her chest and under her nose but what else can I do?! You would think I would know this!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• snuggle, let her drink, let her rest, and let her nose run!
    it is her body's way of getting rid of dead and sick cells.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my son is 1 1/2 and right now he is on vitamin a and zinc for the flu and he has been fine. he goes to daycare and they all have nbeem sick besides him. you can also do a little garlic. itll knock colds sore throats and etc out fast.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 1:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Use saline nasal spray and suck out the mucos with a bulb syringe. The Vicks baby rub will help her too and also prevent from getting her nose irritated. You can also try a Vicks vaporizer. She could be teething which can cause a runny nose, so I would give her some Tyenol for pain. Good luck and hope she gets better.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You just let it run its course

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010