Wish me luck!

well ladies after 6 mos. of ttc I think we were finally successful. AF is 2 1/2 weeks late, so I took 2 tests yesterday. The first was positive the 2nd was inconculsive. I took 2 more this morning and both said positive, so I am seeing the doctor tomorrow. I am trying not to get excited until then, but its hard.

My question is what exactly will they do tomorrow when they "confirm" or "deny" the pregnancy? Is this appointment one that I should have my husband at or will that come later? Thanks for all your help and support over the past few months!

newchapternlife

Asked by newchapternlife at 1:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My doc took a pretty detailed history from me and some info from hubby so it might be good to bring him along. There was a breast exam, vaginal exam, pap smear, I can't remember if blood was taken but I would think so, of course a urine sample, and I think that was pretty much it. All in all it was a lot like a regular gynecologist visit except more exciting! :) I asked a lot of questions- can I keep taking these medications, what about those drinks I had before I knew I was pregnant, etc, etc. The DH took notes because he is detail oriented like that. It's a good time to get a feel for your doctor, don't let them rush you thru and have a list of any things you want to ask about and discuss. Congratulations to you, I hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy. Read all the books you can- that is my number one piece of advice (not that you asked). Good luck!!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Goodluck!!!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Good luck and Congratulations! I hope all your baby dreams come true!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• good luck!!!
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• sure take hubby with. i take mine all the time :D GOOD LUCK LADY!!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010