Friend having a abortion??

Can a fetus make a woman sick to the point that the doctors say if you dont have a abortion you will die? A friend of mine is pregnant and this is what she told me ? Ive googled it and cant seem to find any answers

tinamswank

Asked by tinamswank at 1:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What kind of symptoms is she having? Is it an ectopic pregnancy?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The only case I've ever heard of this is with the woman I named my daughter after. They made her a saint after she died. Saint Gianna. She had a complicated pregnancy and the doctors told her that she would die if she didn't get an abortion. She chose to sacrifice her own life for her baby's.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• There are pregnancy complications that can be life threatening. It's hard to say from what you have posted on here.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Never heard of this...there's got to be some other medical issues going on for a Doctor to say this. I would think. Sorry...
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• nicolemstacey...I named my daughter Gianna too! Thank you for sharing that story I didn't know.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I had a friend who had a tubular pregnancy and was told if she did not have an abortion she would die.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 2:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yes.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Absolutely

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010