if my cervix is 1 cm in length and im 27 weeks whats that mean

what could happen? the hosptial stopped my contraction for now and put me on bed rest what happens now will the baby live if born now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think you mean 1cm dilated, since there is no way it can be 1 cm in length right now. did they say if you are effaced at all?

its normal to dilate many weeks before labor, especially if its not your first child. i would ust keep track of any more contractions. if they thought it would be a big problem (like an incompetant cervix) they wouls do something about it. just try to relax.

and i dont know what the stats are for babies born at 27w, but i know at 24 weeks babies have an 82% chance of survival, so the odds are on your side. if you went into active labor, they would probably give you steroids to speed upp lung developement.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• 1cm dialated means that the cervix is starting to open up - BUT....it doesn't mean labour is close necessarily.

all three of mine I was dialated 3cm at around 33-34 weeks (delivered 41, 39 and 39)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• it doent mean anything. i was 4cm at 28 wks and had her at 38 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Hi.I am 27 weeks also and my cervix is now 1cm but has been @ .6..no it does not mean dialated.my cervix is still closed but it is 1cm in length. The only thing they could do was put me on bedrest.as for now I'm just following the doctors orders and praying for the best!
    nikky222001

Answer by nikky222001 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2010