Why do some moms do this? LOL

They ask a question that they really only want to hear their opinion as the answer to. Then, as people answer...if you say anything, and I mean even nicely, that is different, they flip. And the first person that answers the way they like, they pick it as best answer. Even if it is the second of only 2 answers. I mean, really? So crazy.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 1:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because they are self important and only their same view point has value to them. They are not seeking knowledge, they are seeking validation for their own opinion.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I know what you're talking about. I hate that too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• cause no one really wants to HEAR someone tell them they are stupid/wrong/inappropriate.. thats why sometimes I wonder why some women even bother asking.... I am first to admit I know very little but willing to learn as much as possible...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• like that woman that wanted to buy a house with her parents on it and have her brother live with her to pay the part of the mortgage they couldn't afford...ugh! some people's children.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• They want validation for their dumb ass choices. When someone tells them the truth, they get mad.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I always read ALL the answers and after a couple days I go through and pick out the one that is most helpful or interesting to me.

I totally get what you are saying though.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i agree validation.....thats what its all about these days.being the best having the right opinion......there right everyone else is wrong....i take the answers from everyone put them in a pot and see what happens...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• its called freedom of speech and freedom of choosing whatever you want if there is only 2 answers and they want to pick one then that is their privilege. Why should it bother others if a mom asks a question and then closes it or picks best answer after one or two answers; maybe she went back and reread what she wrote and decided the question didn't sound right.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:40 AM on May. 8, 2011