Birthday snack: what do you send?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 1:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• In the past I have sent rice krispie treats, fruit juice popsicles, and iced cookies. I call the teacher and find out what she/he recommends. Some would like snack with less sugar (fruit juice popsicles, but in the summer! you could do fruit skewers in the winter), but others don't care.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The big thing in our school is Munchkins. Allow 2-3 per kid. I've also brought cupcakes, but if you are just sending them in the munchkins are the easiest.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• What are munchkins?
    Anonymous

• Check to see what the school allows. Some of them of some pretty crazy rules about what you can send in these days.
    Anonymous

• Before sending food into the classroom, it's polite to ask the teacher if there are any children with food allergies. It's not required, but deeply appreciated by the parents of kids it affects.
    Anonymous

• For my 5th grader its huge pixie stix that they take home and not eat at school. With my middle school boy- I brought in a huge box of Chipolte burritos at lunch- that was in place of a "birthday" party.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• munchkins= doughnut hole for those of us that don't a dunkin doughnuts.
    dorsey3

Answer by dorsey3 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I take a box of choc. cake mix and add a 16oz can of pumpkin with 1/4 cup of water. Makes cupcakes. Then I bring in string cheese too.

They are very yummy.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2010