Do you think birth control is wrong or not? Why?

I don't come from a very religious family and was curious to hear that some people believe birth control to be against God. I was interested in learning why and if there are exceptions. Not looking for a huge drama post just want to hear what others have to say for or against this idea. Thank you and please by nice to everyone.

theosgirl45

Asked by theosgirl45 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What difference is birth control to a seatbelt?
    Surely if god wanted you safe you'd be safe no matter what?

I think that having children when you are prepared in body and mind is far better than whenever.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I absolutely agree with Piskie. God gave us free will and in doing that gave us choice. I don't believe god plants every embryo in the womb. He gave us the tools to reproduce and brains to know when the best time to reproduce is and how to come up with ways to prevent it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Well, I'm not Christian, so my views are going to be a bit different. But I don't see anything wrong with ALL forms of BC. Anything that stops fertilization from ever taking place is no worse than the "rhythm method" in my mind. However, I am very against anything that allows fertilization and simply stops implantation - which in my mind is abortion. So, the day after pill, IUDs and other forms of implanted BC, I have issues with, and would not use. BUT, I am highly Pro-Choice and support a woman's right to choose what ever form of BC she wants. I only get to choose what I do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am not a religious person at all, but I am all for birth control. People are going to have sex whether they have birth control or not and I don't see any reason to bring children into the world that are unwanted or not going to be taken care of properly...But for those people who are religious and think that birth control is playing god, then fine IF they are financially and emotionally ready to take on raising "as many kids as god wants to give them" However I think it is VERY WRONG to have children that are not going to be loved and cared for as they should be. But thats JMHO.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I was raised in a religious home but it was never considered a bad thing.

I, personally, dont think the Divine cares what you do in the bedroom or if you use something to avoid getting pregnant for a certain amount of time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Wow, In reply to SabrinaMBowen''s pp, I have an IUD and I have never heard it mentioned to in that manner before, I am in no way saying that you are wrong in your opinions, I am just shocked that someone would think of an IUD as being abortion( something that I personally could never do) I just wanted to say that I personally totally and completely disagree with that statement.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Birth control to us is permissable but is discouraged for the SPACING of children ONLY UNLESS the woman will DIE from being pregnant then it is allowable. All in all only Allah has the control of conception and pregnancy so you can prevent from here to the moon, if Allah wills for you to be pregnant you WILL become pregnant period.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 2:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• 7 billion people in the world and not enough resources is the reason I'm all for birth control. AIDS, starvation, plagues... these will only get much worse at the rate we're going.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am a christian & I believe birth control is necessary for those not ready for a baby.. GOD is in control if he wants you to have a baby you'll have a baby no matter what.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my opposition to birth control is that it can effect your health. i am not talking about the rhythm method or condoms. i am talking about drugs and implants. we cannot expect to prevent pregnancies for 20 years and then flip a switch and say ok, i'm ready now and have no problems. i truly believe that the drugs and the implantations are not treating your body like a temple, and in that sense goes against the bible. i believe that there are horrid side effects from the drugs. we find as time goes on that perhaps breastfeeding can prevent breast cancer. would you be surprised if one day they say birth control pills increase the rates of female cancers? there are studies. there are studies as well that indicate that even vasectomy patients have a greater chance of prostate cancer. if one is having sex out of wedlock, then this too is against most religions...so the bc is really moot. not bashing anyone, i just am afraid of drugs!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010