Are there any suggestions for having a birthday party at a playground?

I am planning on having my son's 4-yr-old birthday party at a local playground and wondered if there were any ideas of games and activities that I could use...thanks!

mlellis70

Asked by mlellis70 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well you can bring some stuff for the to play iwth but the whole reason for me to do it at a playground is not to have to entertain them!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I had a birthday party at a park when I was young, but I was a bit older than your son. We did play around, but we also had different games to play. My mom hid gummy worms on paper plates and covered them with whipping cream, and we had to use our mouths only (hands behind back) to find them all...first person got a small prize. You could do relay races...like three legged race. You could do a water balloon toss or a sponge relay (you would want warmer weather for these as you get wet). You could do a scavenger hunt and just set the items up early. Have all the children work together on the clues you read aloud to them. At the end they could find a box with either toy favors or candy or whatnot inside.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Make sure if you are going to use the shelter that you actually pay for the shelter! When my daughter had hers at the playground it was at a county park and we paid for the shelter. There were at least 4 other parties that came up and planned on using the shelter - I had to show them my paperwork that I had paid for the use and tell them that they couldn't. They were pissed off to say the least!

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• We have had my daughters birthday party at the park all we did was bring some loaded water guns, balls, a pinita and let them play while the adults visited and bbq they had a great time.
    MoArbonneMom

Answer by MoArbonneMom at 10:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2010