10 month old won't drink formula

he just started refusing it! i had to stop breastfeeding when he was 6 months because he wasn't getting enough and losing weight. he's still small and i don't want him to miss out on the calories. he'll spit it all out. no matter if i put it in a bottle or sippy... but he'll drink juice just fine :S what do i do?
i haven't switched formulas or anything.

marilyn623

Asked by marilyn623 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i pump for ds for 10 mts and he doesnt like formula much. right now he is on goodstart but since he doenst like it that much i also mix it with whole milk. yeah i know some people say no whole milk till age 1,. but my son wasnt loosing weight na dthe doctor gave me the green light. and no problem. what fromula is he on?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Perhaps he is getting a tooth? Try a faster flow nipple or a different (easier) type of a bottle...something that doesn't make him work so hard for it. Cut out the juice...if he's quenching his thirst via juice, there is less incentive to drink the formula. Also...is it a new can? If so, maybe the can is near its expiration or something is wrong with it...get a new can.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• He prefers juice to formula. Just cut out the juice, he doesn't need it anyway. Offer formula first. If he won't take it, he gets water. That's it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i say don't do juice, it is all the sugar (appetite suppressant) and none of the fiber. perhaps he is lactose intolerant? try soy? how does he do with his solids?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• op- he hasn't had juice in about a week. and doesn't get water. his appetite has picked up ALOT, it seems like he just wants to be on solids 100% now. he's on generic milk based formula and has never had a prob...
    like for dinner last night he had a pasta pickups thing, big bowl of apple sauce, and a bowl of mac and cheese! he eats a TON, he'll eat 3 meals like that. he just flat refuses his formula now.
    marilyn623

Answer by marilyn623 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• WOW GAILL YOU ARE SUCH A NOISY ASS BITCH!! MTY SON GETS COW MILK OHHH AND HE IS 11 MTS!! WHAT YOU GONNA CALL CPS ON ME. WAT AN IDIOT NO WONDER YOUR EXHUSBAND LEFT YOUR STUPID ASS!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If anyone turns you in to CPS your baby will be put in the hospital and tube fed if you can't get the baby to eat formula

That is the BIGGEST load of crap. Why do you insist on trying to scare someone with CPS?? That is such a low bull shat blow

OP
    My son stopped drinking formula at 6 months, he didnt want it. Dr. said to try whole milk he loved it and was just fine.
    I would talk to your dr about it, they may give you the go ahead to start some milk a little early.

Also he may be cutting teeth, I know when my daughter does that she refuses to eat at all.
    She drinks juice too, only one sippy a day and not all at once.
    I give it to her after a bottle and baby food she sips on it here and there.
    Please OP dont listen to annoying people who only want to scare you.
    Talk to your dr and see what could be done.
    I hope he gets to eating for you :)
    Anonymous

• OP NEVER LISTEN TO GAILL. SHE IS AN OLD BITTER WOMAN WITH NO LOFE!! I SWITCHED MY DS TO WHOLE MILMAND HE ALSO GETS FORMULA BUT ON HE TURNS 11MTS HE IS GOING TO BE GETTING WHOLE MILK. YOU REALLY SHOULD TRUST ANY ADVISED THAT CRAY LADY GIVES. SHE IS HORRIBLE.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• LIFE*
    piwife

• you should know she has a second accoutn too
    GailllAZ
    Anonymous