Is chiness overtime illegal, it's where u work overtime and get half of your pay?

officerdouglas

Asked by officerdouglas at 2:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have never heard it called that, but when I worked as a co-manager for the Limited that's exactly what our hours over 40 were ( half time, I think it showed as supplemental pay on our paychecks) and we regularly worked a 45 hour week. It was worded somehow to make it legal in our paperwork , and it was certainly better than once I was store manager and got no overtime.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would think so, everything I have ever worked overtime I have gotten time and a half...And I'm sure if that wasn't the law there is no way my former employer would have payed it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• OSHA regulates overtime compensation nationally and then many states have additional mandates. It is illegal to pay someone a lesser hourly wage than agreed upon in a contractual agreement, regardless of hours worked.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• contact your state's department of labor; laws vary by state.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I work overtime and I don't get paid for it. Who cares? It's more money for me.. and at least I have a job
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2010