sippy cups

my 8 month old doesn't know how to use a sippy, how can I help. My older 2 took right to them without problems.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried the soft straw sippys? We use these http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?section=prodCategories&pID=1098

My son was off the bottle and on these straw cups at 71/2 months old, he is 10 months old now and will only take regular sippys at night when he is laying down, I think for him the problem was holding the sippys up and with the straw cups they can hold them straight...Good Luck Momma.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• They have sippys with nipple type tops. 8 months is still pretty young. Why try to make the baby grow up so fast?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my son didn't really "get it" til he was close to 15 months.. he actually got the whole real cup better with us holding it.. then one day he woke up and just knew how to use the sippy cup
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I couldn't get my 2nd child to use one either. She preferred and still prefers a regular cup. Good thing sippy cups are not necessary for growth and development.
    Anonymous

• Take out the suction thingy. Help him wiht it. Then when he gets the hang of it, put it back it. Experiment with different kinds..
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010