3 or 5 days a week for pre-K?

My 4 year old is in her 2nd year of preschool where she has went for 2 mornings a week. Next year she will be in pre-K and has the choice of 3 days or 5 days from 9-12. I am thinking that the 5 days will be good as far as getting her on schedule for kindergarten but is it too much for her? Any opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• It depends on you and your family I would say 5 cause of the routine.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If she does ok with the 2 days now I would go with the 5 days for next year, if you think the transition would be hard for her then I would go with the 3 days- then she is kind of building up to the 5 days I assume would be scheduled for regular kindergarten the year after. Personally, I know my DD loves daycare, the stimulation and socialization are great for her so I think she would benefit from and enjoy 5 days of pre-K, but if your DD doesn't like the separation or hasn't thrived in preschool maybe the 5 days would be too much. I guess at the end of the day I say to trust your motherly instincts- you know your child best and what she is ready for. Worst case if you went with 5 and it was a disaster you could probably change it up right? But I bet she would like it, and it is only a few hours a day. By this age she might like the extra independence. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Given the choice, I'd go with 5 days. having the same routine everyday will be very beneficial.
    Anonymous

• 5 days is good. My 4 year old went to pre-K this year after being at home his whole life up until then. He's doing just fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• When my daughter was 4 she went to Pre-K at the local elementary school. She went 5 days a week from 9 till 3. So, it was a full day for her.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 9:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2010